Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Office Work

I would love to be out into the world living life with my congregation. i have a personal statement about my life, "people are what make me tick!" and it's true. I love people! if i could only be around the office in the morning and have my time to put together the weeks' sermon and then get ahead for the next series', i would love that! to be able to leave the office around noon and have a lunch with a parent or student, that would make my day! I see this shift as a generational thing more than a ministerial problem. the more people become dependant on each other, the more the pastor is needed. as long as people will lean on each other, the pastor will need to eventually be involved. i would also love to be able to make house visits as often as needed without being hindered by a set amount of time in the office! ...but that's my ideal world!

No comments:

Post a Comment