Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 4 Horus worked in Ministry

Week 4


 

Hours Worked in Ministry

I interviewed Pastor John Klotz on February 2, 2009 at 10:00 A.M.

Here is the list of time per week with hours in ministry:

1. Study (including sermon and Wednesday night prep time) – 14-16 hours

2. Administrative – 5-10 hours a week

3. Sunday and Wednesday services – 5 hours

4. Meetings – 3-5 hours a week

5. Phone calls – 2-3 hours a week

6. Counseling – 2-3 hours a week

These are the only things that Pastor Klotz told me took up a majority of his week. I thought that it was strange that he would not list prayer as part of the time he spends while at the Church during the week. I also thought that he spent much less time on study for two services (Sunday and Wednesday) than other pastors I have talked to. I thought that there would be more little things that would take up a few more hours a week that are an annoyance to deal with but Pastor Klotz did not tell me he had any of those things in class.

-Derek Trout-

No comments:

Post a Comment